Berklee at Umbria Jazz Clinics are designed for aspiring high school and college-aged musicians seeking to advance their musical knowledge and performance skills. You must be at least 15 years old by the start of the program, and you must have been playing your instrument (including singing if you are a vocalist) for a minimum of six months to attend the program.
Who is eligible for the Berklee at Umbria Jazz Clinics?
When and how do I apply?
The classes will be run from 4 to 16 July 2023 in Perugia, Italy. To sign up, you must follow the steps below:
- Fill up the application by entering all the required data;
- Provide a recording/video link of your own including no more than two tracks from your choice where your ability as a musician and/or singer can be examined and therefore also your eligibility to attend the courses;
- Music theory test: this is not required but is strongly recommended as It’s indicative for structuring classes and ensembles.
All students who have previously attended the courses of Berklee at Umbria Jazz Clinics will still have to follow the online application process by providing their data and entering new pieces in order to update the musical level useful for the formation of the classes. It typically takes between seven and 10 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) for an application to be processed once it has been submitted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions concerning your application.
The College will notify by email the result of the evaluation of your application:
- Positive outcome: contact by email at email@example.com to check if there are places available for the chosen instrument and if so, proceed to the payment of the enrolment fee (€590) following these procedures. Do not make the payment before confirmation of the availability of places for your chosen instrument;
- Negative outcome: don’t lose heart! Try again next year ☺️
REMEMBER: Provide a correct email address and always check the spam!
How much does it cost and how do I submit my payment and confirm my application?
2023 program tuition is € 590. Your participation is not confirmed until your tuition payment is received. Once accepted to the program:
- Students must immediately proceed with the payment of the course fees to secure their place. Please note that registration on the Berklee site and acceptance to the program does not guarantee a space in the program, due to space limitations. Registration will only be confirmed after payment has been received;
- After April 15, 2023, students must first check with the Umbria Jazz Clinics office to ensure that there are spaces available in their chosen course prior to submitting payment. Please do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org following the guidelines provided in the acceptance communication;
- Payment of the program tuition fee of €590 can be made by bank transfer only. Please specify the name, surname, and chosen instrument of the student in the details section of the transfer.
Beneficiary: Fondazione di Partecipazione Umbria Jazz
IBAN: IT 90 T 02008 03027 000105758213
Reason for payment: Application for Umbria Jazz Clinics 2023 courses (specify student name and instrument).
After the payment has been made, the following items must be sent via email or by post to Umbria Jazz Clinics:
- A photocopy of the payment receipt;
- Two passport-size photos with the applicant’s full name and chosen instrument written on the back or underneath each photo;
- The applicant’s personal details, including name, surname, date of birth, postal address, contact phone number, and email address. This information can be sent to us via email at email@example.com or placed in an envelope and sent to Umbria Jazz Clinic, Piazza Danti 28, 06122 Perugia, Italy.
As soon as all information has been received, a letter of confirmation will be sent via email to each student.